St Augustine, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
We have 2 concrete waterfall bowls in our pool. The company that made them used a clear silicon around the scupper to seal it. It seems that the silicon that they used, wasn't very good, as they have redone it twice now, but it continues to leak after a few months.

That being said, what is the best product that I can use for this? Prefer something that smoothes like a silicon or caulk to keep it nice looking.

Thank you in advance.

Show us pics of the water bowls, scuppers, and the problem area.

What does the manufacturer of the water bowl or scupper recommend to do?

Hi. Silicone sealant will stick to anything....... Except cured silicone. Or another way to put it would be, nothing sticks to cured silicone.
A fair bit more cleaning might be required before you try sealing again.

Hi. Silicone sealant will stick to anything....... Except cured silicone. Or another way to put it would be, nothing sticks to cured silicone.
A fair bit more cleaning might be required before you try sealing again.

Correct... I would remove the old silicon and put something new on it. I am just trying to figure out what would seal it the best and last the longest.

Boss 802, Novagard 700 Series, or 3M 5200. Haven't used them for this application, but should hold on better than the normal silicone. Definitely would clear as much of the old stuff out of there before application though.

Hi. I've only ever used Araldite and a sika product, because I only use small amounts so I just get whatever is appropriate from the hardware store. I see epoxies are available from stone suppliers that are suitable for outdoors and set clear. That's what I would look at.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.