Clear Pool with High Nitrates & high Chlorine consumption

I called United Chemical and talked to their tech about Pink Treat. He said it would take hundreds of bottles to cause a Bromine change to the pool. He claims he fights this stigma all the time. I'm not shocked at his answer. Just thought I would share. I'm good with raising the CVA. Don't see how that could harm much at this point. Cover might save me money in the long run as well. Is that your experience?

4 lbs of sodium bromide is about 14 ppm. So, about that much of your reading will be bromine vs. chlorine. If your chlorine was 28 ppm, half would be bromine and half would be chlorine. The bromine part would get reduced to bromide by the UV and the remaining chlorine would quickly reoxidize the bromide back to bromine. So, all it takes is a small amount of bromide to cause big problems.

Note: Rough calculations, not exact.

Draining risks floating the pool if the ground water is high and plaster exposed to the sun can become unbounded from the gunite.

You could do the tarp method if you want.

Reactions: Flying Tivo
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.