Clear Gel Issue

BryGiddy

Bronze Supporter
Jul 20, 2021
Crawley, UK
Hi All

New pool owner as of a few months ago. Bestway above ground approx 15' x 8' and 4' deep. Great for the young kids.
All has been good, and I have a chlorine thing that bobs around when no one is in the pool.
Change the filter most days for a cleaned one rather than let them get dirty.
Go via a heater to keep the pool temp usable here in the UK.

I was away this weekend and the kids have been in it every day for 4 days without issue.
I was checking the pool this morning and noticed some paper like substance floating about. Only a few bits.
When I went to change the filter, the one I took out is crammed full of a clear gel like substance.
I have since added some more chlorine and a fresh filter and will check later in case I need to change that again today.
I have since cleaned the pool though water was crystal clear and not much debris in the pool either.

I just wanted to know what the easiest way to test for the right levels and what to use to get them to the right levels.
I just want to make sure its safe for the kids and keep this clear gel much at bay.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Here in the States, we use the TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit. Not sure which one (if any) you might be able to get shipped to your area, but these two are very reliable and easy to use.

The link below might help you in that matter.

The other link below has some wonderful information ot help you in all things about pool chemistry and products to use. Hope that helps.

Hi near neighbour.
We can’t get either of those kits mentioned in the UK unfortunately.
Take a look at my build thread as I’ve got some links in there for stuff I’ve bought in the UK.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.