Clear and balanced with slight green tint

Jun 27, 2010
Glen Cove, NY
Opened pool 2 weeks ago and water was clear enough to see bottom. Had the same layer of brown dirt at bottom it has had in years past, vacuum'd that to waste, SLAM'd with liquid cl, it cleaned up quickly. CYA was zero added CYA by sock method to bring to 50ppm.

But there's a slight green tint in the water that just won't clear. It's not getting better or worse it's staying the same.

Water passes OCLT. Have been running with a dose of DE in the sand filter no improvement. Have not added any algaecide, clarifier, or mystery fix in a bottle just 12.5% Cl and a little soda ash in the beginning to get the PH up. Shocked it to 20ppm three days ago, no change.

As of this AM,

PH 7.2
Cl 6ppm (fas-dpd kit with fresh reagents)
CC zero
CYA 50ppm

Pool is filled/topped off with city water it's never been a problem in years past. With all the rain we had winter/fall the pool is probably 50% or more rainwater only added ~3" of city water when opened. I don't have a test kit for metals but had water checked at 3 different pool stores (boo, hiss!) have all said "no metal" and haven't tried to sell me anything.

Does it look like this?

02a4517f-ad8f-48a3-af39-1a4702d6ddcd-jpeg.107875

https://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/starting-a-stock-tank-pool.184996/

Thankfully no, attached pics to illustrate. If the liner was the color of the water things would be fine but the liner is blue not green.

Attachments

• pool_3.jpg
    pool_3.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 24
  • pool_1.jpg
    pool_1.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 25
  • pool_2.jpg
    pool_2.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 25
Thankfully no, attached pics to illustrate. If the liner was the color of the water things would be fine but the liner is blue not green.
The point I was trying to make was that your tint could just be Iron. And it can be cleared as that pool was cleared.
See also Well this is crazy, pool green in 1 hr...copper I assume - party tonight. :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.