Cleaning Snow Off Safety Cover

May 18, 2017
Bradford ontario
New pool owner with a new mesh safety cover. How often is everyone else in the great white north cleaning the snow off? How important is it to keep it clear of snow. If don't clear the snow the cover sags. I have had to do this 3 times by Christmas. Here are pics of Christmas morning. My in-laws have the same cover and never bother to keep it clean. Am I wasting my time or is it necessary?

ZVIZDgw.jpg

pTsI9Aw.jpg

Oh man, I find this disturbingly hilarious & wish I could watch you shovel!!

Stop shoveling the pool cover, if it didn’t “sag” it would burst.

In fact this is the first thing I tell owners after a cover install, expect the “sag and bounce back” with snow loads.

Keep the pool level at or above cover manufacturers demanded level. I prefer a higher water level (for liner pools) so the pool ice takes snow load off cover.

No your pipes are plugged & if you installed the skimmers and skimmer risers properly, the water will weep through the skimmer extension collars...

0 degrees out & this pool still driving ya to drink?

Cheers!!
Ray

I also thought this my first couple season but can tell you that it does bounce back with no problem. The sag is supposed to happen then the water line eventually equals out the pressure . My worry is about ice in the pool. I have a small circulating pump on underneath but worry about the deep freeze we are gettin. Guess it much else to do though.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Go build a ⛄️ , leave the ❄️ on the cover! There’s a nice picture of our pool in the snow on our build thread. Probably the first winter. We had 6’ of snow that first winter. So fun to see the snow around the pool area. I love snow!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.