May 23, 2020
Pittsburgh
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
IMG_9786.jpeg
With my Intex pool there is always algae and dirt around the loop that the frame goes through. Does anyone have a effective method to clean this and keep the algae at bay? Luckily I don't have an algae problem inside the pool, but when we swim dirt comes from this into the pool.

I had that problem with my old 15’ intex pool. I saw some posts from people who would regularly add some bleach to that area to kill the algae, but that seemed like way too much effort for me. What I finally wound up doing was making some small holes in the back of the liner to allow that little channel to drain. If there’s no water in there then algae can’t grow.

Thanks. That is an awesome idea. I am going to do that was well.

I had that problem with my old 15’ intex pool. I saw some posts from people who would regularly add some bleach to that area to kill the algae, but that seemed like way too much effort for me. What I finally wound up doing was making some small holes in the back of the liner to allow that little channel to drain. If there’s no water in there then algae can’t grow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.