Cleaning Hayward C200 S for first time

GreenTerrorPool

Jan 4, 2017
PALM BEACH GARDENS, FL
Should i drain water and clean all of the stabilizer and sand (and some minor dirt) out of the bottom of the filter. OR should i leave it in.
I am low on Stabilizer but i have bought new but thinking i maybe she keep that in?

Also the drain plug is very tight...is there a special tool to get off...or do i just use channel locks?

I have cleaned the main cartridge very good.

thanks
GTP

GTP, just to make sure we're talking about the same product ..... isn't the Hayward C200 a cartridge filter? When you say "sand", are you referring to the sand/sediment that can settle in the bottom of the cartridge filter housing? If so, then you certainly can drain that water when you pull the cartridge out and clean any sediment from the bottom. When you are done, replace the cartridge, fill it back up with water, put the lid on, burp any air. If you need stabilizer to increase CYA, simply add it back to the pool by using the "sock" method and soaking it for a while. Once the granular stabilizer dissolves, it's in the water for good. Hope that helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.