Cleaning Glass Tiles and Pool Water Line

TexasJay

Dec 20, 2019
DFW Dallas/Ft. Worth
First of all, having just built our first pool this year.. I have to say that this site has been outstanding and the information contained within has been extremely helpful along with some feedback that we have received......
Well, I have another question...

We have glass subway style tiles along our waterline, and was wondering what the best way and products are to keep things clean and looking good...
We have a Salt Water Pool (if it makes a difference)...
I dont see any issues yet, but our pool has only been operating and full for about 6 weeks now...so chemistry is good so far (knock on wood)...
But i do know that we will likely expect to see some calcium build up, etc in the near future...

What should we use to scrub these tiles with that wont scratch and what type of cleaning products work best?
What has worked the best for people in this forum?

Thank you in advance for your replies..

Reactions: mmardini
I am very interested in this also. I am installing glass tile on 9/28. I actually bought a wet suit so I can go into the pool during the winter to clean the tiles to keep them looking good! I plan to try the magic erasers. I have also heard muriatic acid works as well but the erasers sound much easier and less chemicals! I will be following and will update if I find something that works!

Be careful using muriatic acid to clean tiles unless you know how to get the proper dilution and how to neutralize the acid. Otherwise you can damage your grout with aggressive acid.

I was trying to figure this out as well for my glass tiles as I didn't want to scratch them, and the calcium build up was not coming off using scrub brushes. Discovered 3M maroon pads worked wonders and did not scratch: Amazon.com: 3M 07447 Scotch-Brite Maroon General Purpose Hand Pad,20 Pack: Automotive

I actually bought them for my stainless steel cooktop in the kitchen (which it also works wonders on, without scratching the SS), and tried them on a whim for the pool.

Reactions: tleonard2
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.