Cleaner pump hookup with new Pentair VSF pump.

coinoprus

Aug 24, 2019
Brentwood, California
The original pool system had the filter pump and cleaner pump (which drives a Polaris 280 pool sweep) controlled via a Intermatic P1353ME timer set mode 3 such that the cleaner pump runs 30 seconds after the filter pump starts but not unless the filter pump is running. When I installed the new Pentair filter pump I bypassed the timer since the pump has the timer built in. Now of course the cleaner pump can't sense when the filter pump is operating so doesn't turn on. Although I'm a bit confused in that the instructions say the timer setting for the cleaner pump controls the time on and off for the filter pump and a separate program for it is not needed. My question there is, "how does it know?"

I can set the timer to the cleaner pump to operate stand alone and make sure it comes on after the filter pump starts and turns off when it stops, but is there another more elegant way to set this up other than hook the filter pump back up to the timer?

Not really... Your new VSF should be connected to constant 220 volts without any relay or timer in the circuit... The Easiest thing to do is connect your booster pump to your timer and have it run inside the time the VSF is scheduled to run...

Or... you could move into this Century and buy a Robot Cleaner... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: coinoprus
Lyle,

I understand completely..... I have used Dolphin Robots for the past 12 years or so... I currently have an S200.. They keep making them cheaper and better and so far the S200 is the best one I have owned.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.