Clean pool for the season

Dsw422

Aug 24, 2016
Skipwith
Hey everyone.

So I'm getting a really late start this year to start my pool. I have a 20'x4' intex pool. Left it up over winter. Still using the crappy filter pump that came with it.

With that said. The pool is nasty green with thousands of tadpoles. What should I do to get it clean? I really dont want to drain it, but if I have to I will..

I was hoping to dump a ton of bleach in it to start the cleaning process. I have stabilizer, borax and baking soda already. I have not tested yet (dont have the good kit yet).

What would you/ should I do? Tha is for any help

DSW, Do you need stabilizer, borax and baking soda? How do you know this? We don't know what you need and don't suggest to folks to buy anything they may not need.
The TFPC method relies on accurate testing and only putting in your pool that which it actually needs based on that testing.

You need a test kit. I'd suggest the TF-100 from TFTestkits.net While it might sound a bit more costly than the cheap ones at Walmart, it will save you a bundle on chemicals you don't need. But it does the job properly and will help you get the water pristine clear and clean.

We need to know:
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA

if you can help us with those results we can help tell you what you need.

Maddie :flower:

DSW, you are just where I was before I found TFP. And what I did is what you should do. Read Pool School, order the TF100 from the link in my siggy, and buy a bunch of liquid chlorine in preparation for your SLAM.

Use Pool Math to tell you how much LC to add daily while waiting for your test kit. That should also start to kill off the tadpoles, so get busy with your leaf rake (net). The more physical debris you can remove before starting the SLAM, the better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.