Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2015
Nebo, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey, guys! I got some red clay mud in my pool last fall via the torrential rains of Eta. Opened this spring and started working on getting it clear. Four weeks ago today I changed the sand in my filter, and set about slamming, brushing, vacuuming to waste, running the filter 24/7, etc. As of two weeks ago I could finally see the bottom clearly, and it's now mostly blue, easy to vacuum up the bits that fall every day. I've been (mostly) diligent about brushing and vacuuming every day, backwashing and keeping it up to slam, though I learned that if I let it drift down a few PPM and put in fresh chlorine, it seems to clear up a little more quickly. Still, four weeks now and it's still not the crystal clear clean to which I am accustomed. I've done this with just liquid chlorine, baking soda and a little pH up, and have resisted adding flocculant which the local pool supply store foisted upon me and which I will return. I did use trichlor tabs when I was out of town last weekend but I needed a little CYA boost anyway. But four weeks? I'm thinking about adding some Clorox pool Super Water Clarifier. Current levels are: FC 10, pH 7.5, TA 90, CYA 30. What do you think? TIA

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.