Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Hey all

I have a Circupool RJ 60 and I’m on year 3 with it (running about 4 months a year). This season I had the pool company clean the cell. Prior to cleaning I would be able to see a fine ‘mist’ in the cell when chlorinating. Now that the cell has been cleaned I don’t see anything. Amperage is fine (was around 5) before. Should I be seeing the chlorination happening like I did when dirty?

The SWG will cycle on and off during its runtime. If you want to ensure it's working, either turn it off and restart it or activate the super chlorinate mode. Also check at the pool returns for small bubbles.

So I just took my flashlight from my phone and shined it behind the cell through it and at me. I see some fog but not nearly as pronounced as prior to the pool guy cleaning it. Very faint.

While your there, check to see if the "generate" light is on. Run through the menu and note voltage and current (amps). See if temp and salt are accurate.

Sounds like it working...maybe your running the pump at a higher speed?

Do you see bubbles at the return jets?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
While your there, check to see if the "generate" light is on. Run through the menu and note voltage and current (amps). See if temp and salt are accurate.

Sounds like it working...maybe your running the pump at a higher speed?

Do you see bubbles at the return jets?
Generate is on.

Volt 22.7
Amp -5.7 (earlier today was positive)

No bubbles but not sure I ever did see them.

Take an empty water bottle and put it in front of a return while squeezing it out a few times and let it fiil from the return water. Now go and test it for FC to see how it compares with the rest of the pool water.

FWIW, I can't see into my cell very well after some 4 seasons. Not something I purposefully analyzed when I first got it, but the clear plastic seems hazy now and difficult to see through. Other than water rushing through when I first crank it up, I don't see much. I wonder if the last cleaning the techs did perhaps made your plastic get a bit hazy as well? Your amp numbers appear to be strong so that's a good thing. It will fluctuate from + to - during each run cycle.

Yea when I shine the light I definitely see chlorination. I just feel like it should be more pronounced. I will do the water bottle test tomorrow in daylight.

I’m tempted to disconnect it myself (I’m a novice but it’s just unions) and wipe the cell chamber thoroughly inside. I also wonder if I’m just being crazy.

• Haha
Reactions: Texas Splash
Went to check this morning and now there is a steady “fog”. I’m baffled but not gonna try and figure it out.

Went to check this morning and now there is a steady “fog”. I’m baffled but not gonna try and figure it out.
As long as you have chlorine being produced, sometimes it's best to just walk away.

Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor