Phoenix, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
I have a 13,500 gallon plaster pool with a Pentair VSP, 60cu DE and no heater or spa.

The SJ 35 is on sale right now for $749.. is this a good unit? I talked to discount salt today and he told me with a VSP to just run it very low RPM for the hours you don’t want to generate chlorine then boost up the rpm enough to trigger the flow switch ( will take some tinkering) for the hours you do. This will eliminate having to add a timer and will make the unit last longer he says.

I run my vsp @ 200 watts continually and let the swg cycle itself. Then adjust the output percentage as needed to increase or decrease the Cl level in the pool. I'll make an adjustment every other week until it stabilizes during hot weather then start turning it back down in the fall. Easy.

I have a 13,500 gal plaster pool and I think I have decided on this unit.

I believe this unit can be adjusted in 5% increments and I run my VSP pump 24/7 at 200 watts ( 1350 rpm).

Would this be a good fit for me? We don’t plan on staying on this house much longer so long term warranty doesn’t really matter to me, this is more of an investment to say “remodeled salt water pool” to recoup the 6k I just put into the pool

I have 15,000 gal and I have an SJ45 and going to get a 55 or 60.. The SWG will last longer and you can use it less the bigger you get.. Unless you can not afford to get a bigger one I would go big..

The RJ 45 would be a perfect fit for your pool and you get it for the price of the RJ 30.. :) Best Sales, Rebates, Deals, and Promotions | DSP

Reactions: MA5177
I have 15,000 gal and I have an SJ45 and going to get a 55 or 60.. The SWG will last longer and you can use it less the bigger you get.. Unless you can not afford to get a bigger one I would go big..

The RJ 45 would be a perfect fit for your pool and you get it for the price of the RJ 30.. :) Best Sales, Rebates, Deals, and Promotions | DSP
Thanks, but like I mentioned we may be selling the house this year so I want the cheapest option that is finetunable. The SJ is only 25% increments?

Reactions: cowboycasey
You can easily work around the % settings by lowering pump run time or putting the SWG on its own timer to reduce its on time with a higher %.

Reactions: MA5177
You can easily work around the % settings by lowering pump run time or putting the SWG on its own timer to reduce its on time with a higher %.
Yes. Plus the guy at discount salt recommend if running the pump 24/7 to just lower the RPM for some of the hours to not trigger the flow switch.

Seems easier to just get one you can dial down

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A week or so ago The universal 40 was about that price & the universal 25 wasn’t even an option to purchase except for a replacement cell. I guess the spring sale is over 😩 Better jump on it while u have the opportunity 😊

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.