Circupool Salt Cell...can you test it?

I have a RJ45 Classic SWG...noticed it not working properly...pulled the salt cell and usually you can see a break in the metal which is the cause for failure...this time I don't see anything wrong. Can you test across the connectors for continuity or something to see if it is good? And can you test the output of the SWG itself across the cable leads?

S,

I have no idea how to test the RJ45, but my guess is that about 70% of all SWCG problems end up being something other than the cell itself..

Tell us why you think the cell is bad..

Thanks,

Jim R.

not producing chlorine gas...I have a clear cell holder and can see. Also, I'm getting a water fault red light on the main unit with a no water display on the lcd. Both of those have come on in the past when a salt cell needed to be replaced. The salt cell unit is completely full of water, no air, with plenty of flow. Main unit is getting on in years, I can't remember but I'm guessing 7 to 9 years old. Just was hoping there was a way to test the salt cell without spending the money to order a new one and then finding out that wasn't the problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.