CircuPool RJ Fit: O-Rings + Tightness

schalliol

Silver Supporter
Mar 3, 2020
Carmel, IN, USA
I worked this weekend on installing my new RJ-45+ with the vertical installation kit, and I'm not quite done. I noticed it's really hard for me to get the o-rings in and staying in the vertical orientation, and I worry I won't have them fitting quite right. It's just unclear when I slide it in if it's in the right position, and I'm worried every time I take it out to clean or at end of season there's a big risk of leaking. So my questions are:
  1. How do you figure out that you have just the right amount of spacing between the screw down couplings and the cell that you can get the cell in and it will be a good fit?
  2. Do you have any tips for getting the o-rings in just right?
Thanks so much!

As long as you go with the manual's typical spacing requirement between coupling fasteners, the cell should slip in that gap nicely. It helps if you have just a little play (movement) from the in & out branches of PVC to help give you a 1/8 - 1/4 inch movement in or out from the cell. Then the nuts will pull everything in together tightly. In a vertical install like yours, If the O-ring on top wants to drop and fall, maybe you could help it to stay in place with just a tiny dab of pool silicone?

Bought the dummy cell from them and used that when I glued my vertical loop. Mine has a slight "kink" due to the grey fittings not seating as much as the elbows. The grey kept "pushing" out, even though I held them for quite a bit as I noticed them doing that right away. With the cell in I snug down the nuts, but don't overtighten, and all good with no leaks.

The o-rings should stay in the groove. As Texas Splash mentioned using pool silicon on these o-rings should also keep them in place.

I was able to get it in just fine. The vertical install is a bit tricky, but perhaps now that I’ve compressed the rings in there, they’ll be easier to keep in when I take the unit out for cleaning/winter.
If you manage the CSI to be below 0, you may never need to clean it. Mines been going a while and looks fine. But the warm weather has made keeping the CSI down a little trickier.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.