MikeLikesPools

Aug 12, 2021
DFW
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Im not trying to replumb everything, Ive attached where i think would be a place I could install with vertical install kit. I marked the site with a yellow line, the other pipe is a water fall I dont run all the time due to algae. Thoughts?
3F881947-83C7-4ACA-B06E-50BC2A564038.jpeg

Attachments

• 046414A3-5C0E-42C9-8599-FBFC928A61B6.jpeg
    046414A3-5C0E-42C9-8599-FBFC928A61B6.jpeg
    823.3 KB · Views: 16
The RJ60, unions and flow switch will total 20"...that looks like it might be pretty tight. I know you don't want to do too much replumbing, but I would consider just redoing the plumbing from the filter to the Jandy valve, then you basically have unlimited space out to the left in the photo. The Jandy valve might still be able to take a 2" pipe inside of that port...if not you could get a fitting that goes inside a 2" pipe.

Reactions: MikeLikesPools
The RJ60, unions and flow switch will total 20"...that looks like it might be pretty tight. I know you don't want to do too much replumbing, but I would consider just redoing the plumbing from the filter to the Jandy valve, then you basically have unlimited space out to the left in the photo. The Jandy valve might still be able to take a 2" pipe inside of that port...if not you could get a fitting that goes inside a 2" pipe.
Can I go out the filter then straight up rather than the tilt that was done? I was thinking out the filter straight up and install saltwater generator inline vertically there then go across to the jandy? One other question, my aux pump for my polaris has a removable connector hose for easy replacement should it fail and is on this plumbing so it needs to be moved. do you deattach/reattach it with a pipe wrench or hand? Do you use plumber tape when reattaching, this is the other component that im unsure how to connect.

If installing the flow switch vertically, water flow must go UP thru the flow switch. If the switch were to fail, this will preve t the SWG from energizing with no flow.

Reactions: nobody291
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.