Circuit Breaker Tripping

johnhutch

Sep 24, 2019
Villa Hills, Kentucky
I thought I had a pool pump problem but that doesn't seem to be the case. I was hearing a loud clicking nois that sounded like it was coming from my pump and then the breaker tripped. I ended up replacing the motor, impleller, diffuser, the seals and o-rings. I primed the pump and the motor purred like a kitten. it pulled the water into the pump basket but when it filled up all of the way I heard a loud clicking sound again and the the breaker tripped. It is hard to tell where it is coming from, but don't think it is the pump anymore. Any suggestions? Thanks

Welcome to TFP.

What model pump? Post pics of the pump data plates.

What model CB? CB GFCI? Amps?

Age of pump and CB?

Details help.

The pump is an older super flow pump, sp-2600 with a century hst110 motor on the back. The motor, seal plate, diffuser, seals, and O-rings are all new. the only thing I haven't replaced is the pump housing, the strainer cover, and the basket. It seals fine and sounds fine until the basket is all the way full of water, then the clicking starts and the breaker trips. I would say for the most part its like the schematic below, but I have a hard time thinking its the pump anymore.
34.gif

Is your pump running on 120V or 240V.

Give us details about the CB.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.