Choosing the Right Return Fittings... So Confused

scrubbd

Mar 21, 2022
California
I'm in the middle of building my own cinder-block plunge pool (about 900 gallons). I'm using 1.5" plumbing, and I'm at the point where I need to install the return pipes through the wall, but have gotten myself confused looking at all the return fitting options and trying to find the right ones for my application. I tried searching online and on this forum, but could not find clear information to make the selection.

I'm planning on adding a bonding coat of cement to the interior surface, and then a waterproofing coat. It seems like the ideal approach would be to install and cement in the 1.5" pipes through the wall, complete the surface coats, and then cut the pipe flush and install a slip fitting, or an "Aussie pound in" fitting. Is that right? I've seen 1.5" inside slip fittings, but they also have a threaded portion that seems like it would prevent it from mounting flush. The only seemingly flush inside fittings I've found are 2", so I'm wondering if I should use those with a 2" return pipe that is then reduced to 1.5" pipe? Is that better than an "Aussie" fitting?

On a similar note, I've noticed "nicheless" led lights that appear to go into the same 2" fittings with the 1.5" NPT threading. Is that correct?

Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.