choosing a liner, help please!

I would not have opted for another light. The one in the deep end makes enough to make the pool look nice and to be able to see the bottom very clearly. We just have a regular light not one of those newer led, color changing lights.

Looking back, the only thing I would have done differently was to have the controls with some remote type control. I don't think I needed the fanciest ones but I am already not liking having to go back and forth behind and the equipment area to turn the filter on and off and to check the salt levels and the water temperature. Just a simple way to do that from a more accessible area would have been good.

The best thing we like about the new pool is the heat pump. It is amazing. I was prepared for it to just bump up the water a little bit but it really is doing a great job. We recently had a cool spell and my grands were in the pool swimming in 87 degree water while we were on the patio in sweatshirts. It cost more to start with but supposedly is much cheaper to run.

The same with the salt thing, it cost us more to put it in but I don't ever have to add anything to the pool so that should even out.

Good Luck!

Nancy

Here is my new liner in the pool. I am in the middle of building a jump deck over by the aluminum ladder that is leaned against the fence. All shots, except the one of my daughter jumping, were taken this morning with the pool in full shade. You can see the reflections of trees, sky. I always have lots of white blooms on the water surface from the neighbor's crepe myrtle tree.

IMG_4949.JPG

Looking across from the ladder area. I stood on my deck, near the pool's ladder.

IMG_4943.JPG

Looking back towards wall. Shot by holding camera out over water.

IMG_4941.JPG

Bug's eye view

IMG_4939.JPG

Looking down wall. From the bottom, you see the wall, the cove and the pool floor. The blurry areas are surface ripples from the breeze.

IMG_4903.JPG

A shot of my daughter jumping into the pool this past week. As you can see, it is in the shade in the left half in in the sun on the right (with lots of crepe flower surface debris).

More shots if you care to see. Those from last year show my old liner. Link

techguy said:
Here is my new liner in the pool. I am in the middle of building a jump deck over by the aluminum ladder that is leaned against the fence. All shots, except the one of my daughter jumping, were taken this morning with the pool in full shade. You can see the reflections of trees, sky. I always have lots of white blooms on the water surface from the neighbor's crepe myrtle tree.

[
your liner looks great! does it still look so blue in the sun. or does that somehow change the look? it's funny how the tan pebbles turn out to look dark blue and it really adds something to the look. i like the look of the bigger pebbles too. the inground liners i've been looking at seem to be all smaller pebbles. i lean towards the mosaic i like because it's a little bigger than the pebbles and then i lean towards the pebbles because i like the shape more than the squares!! thanks so much for the pictures ! lee

lkae4 said:
I would not have opted for another light. The one in the deep end makes enough to make the pool look nice and to be able to see the bottom very clearly. We just have a regular light not one of those newer led, color changing lights.

Looking back, the only thing I would have done differently was to have the controls with some remote type control. I don't think I needed the fanciest ones but I am already not liking having to go back and forth behind and the equipment area to turn the filter on and off and to check the salt levels and the water temperature. Just a simple way to do that from a more accessible area would have been good.

The best thing we like about the new pool is the heat pump. It is amazing. I was prepared for it to just bump up the water a little bit but it really is doing a great job. We recently had a cool spell and my grands were in the pool swimming in 87 degree water while we were on the patio in sweatshirts. It cost more to start with but supposedly is much cheaper to run.

The same with the salt thing, it cost us more to put it in but I don't ever have to add anything to the pool so that should even out.

Good Luck!

Nancy
i am sooo happy to hear about your experience with the heat pump. i will be going with one also, and i do worry a bit because i live in PA where we also certainly don't always have the warmest weather for any length of time, even in the summer. actually i read a thread recently on here during one of my searches and it was about heat pumps- someone asking whether gas heater or heat pump is better. and one person loves the heat pump- in a cooler climate also- and one or two others don't think it's good enough in cooler temps, and so on... so yea, i know it takes a longer time to get up to temp, and it doesn't work below 45 or 50 degrees, and i will definitely get the right size for my pool. but i have propane, so for me it should be well worth it. what i am going to spend the next year figuring out, since i can't afford to actually do it this year, is how to heat my pool year round with one of those bubbles on it in the cold months. i figure if i am investing this much in a pool, i will invest a little more and get way more use out of it. i intend to use the pool for swimming laps, in addition to just recreation, so i would like to be able to do that as much as possible.

i will be having a salt water system also. it seems everyone loves those, so that's good. and i can't relate yet to the annoyance of the maintenance type things that are out of the way, but it seems that the automated or remote involved systems are expensive, so i made the pool bigger instead and am going to suffer that aspect :)

my pool builder is calling a few of his customers so i can see their liners. of course, they have not installed the one like yours or the blue mosaic type, but he has a couple that were of interest to me so at least i can see what those look like. then by monday, i will just decide. or i will never be enjoying a pool before it gets cold again- though it sounds like i will be able to swim in october with that heat pump!

thanks again! lee

riverlee said:
your liner looks great! does it still look so blue in the sun. or does that somehow change the look? it's funny how the tan pebbles turn out to look dark blue and it really adds something to the look. i like the look of the bigger pebbles too. the inground liners i've been looking at seem to be all smaller pebbles. i lean towards the mosaic i like because it's a little bigger than the pebbles and then i lean towards the pebbles because i like the shape more than the squares!! thanks so much for the pictures ! lee

Sorry for the delay but my wife took some shots this week that show the pool in and out of the sun. The bottom has blue pebbles with a kidney bean colored dot printed on top. I don't know why..but it's there. I chose this liner on appearance and that it was a j-hook ...in-stock and ready to ship when I ordered. It was less than $200 for a 21 foot round, 52 inch wall.

IMG_5025.JPG

IMG_4995.JPG

A shady shot
IMG_4977.JPG

Jnfletch said:
Hi, river lee, we are just putting in a pool and I'm having a hard time picking a liner, wondering what u finally went with and if u like it :)

Hi! I am going to try this on my phone and hopefully add a photo. I went with the GLI ocean beach and I love it. It's the perfect blue that I wanted and the seams are not bad . I have been waiting to finish everything around the pool to post pictures of it, but I took a couple after the pavers were done this summer. If you would like any more information or pictures let me know. Good luck! Ok it's not working so I'll get it up here in a few minutes. Hopefully!

ok, I think I took the picture with the pavers through the window, so I added another that looks better. and a closer up one also. I have a few more if you like it and need to see more.

Attachments

• poolliner1.jpg
    poolliner1.jpg
    479.8 KB · Views: 204
  • poolliner2.jpg
    poolliner2.jpg
    476.8 KB · Views: 200
  • pool3.jpg
    pool3.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 198

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oops I just sent u a pm before seeing these pics! Wow! Your pool looks awesome..I take it u wanted a lap pool as well as a fun pool! Very cool! So helpful to see a real picture of certain liners actually in a pool..now if I could just see a couple of others before deciding by tomorrow!!
Also torn between sand and cartridge filter..
Thank u again for posting your pics..and so quickly!
My yard is just a mound of dirt right now...

Thank you! yep, I wanted to be able to actually swim in the pool. someone asked me why I didn't just get a lap pool- but what fun would that be?! you are welcome for the pictures. as you must have read, I had a terrible time choosing my liner. I knew what I wanted the pool to look like, but if you can't see pools, or pictures of liners in pools, you just can't get the right idea. I could look at pieces of vinyl all day, but that isn't helpful to me. i also looked at a handful of pools the builder did but they didn't have the look i wanted. fortunately i then found help from people here and was able to choose, though i still was not really sure i'd be happy. so I really feel for you! I hope you are as happy as I am with whatever you choose :)
I have a DE filter (which is great), so I cannot offer any opinion on your filter choice.
and don't feel badly about your yard, it will look great before you know it! my area around the pool, however, is still unfinished and basically is just still dirt. and some weeds....
best of luck to you and I hope it all goes smoothly :-D

OK, since I was in the pool anyway I got my phone and took some really close pictures.
Newlinerpicture.jpg
Morelinerseamphotos.jpg
Seaminliner.jpg

closeupofpebbles.jpg

I took pictures of the liner so that you can see the seams. They are really not noticeable unless you are looking for them.

I also tried to get really close to the design under the water line so you can look at the sample picture of Estate Tile and see what that translates to under water.

Hope this helps. And, I now figured out how to get pictures up here and so I can ask questions about my equipment and show the parts I am talking about.

Nancy

***NANCY** I love this liner! what is it called? what liner company makes it?! I know it has been 6 years, but i'm hoping I can still get it. i'm very picky and I happen to love this one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.