Chloromax

poolking81

May 16, 2024
NJ
I thought I was using plain bleach but turns out it had cloromax in it. I have 27,000 gallons with a cya of 50. I just added 6 gallons of bleach with cloromax in order to slam at a level of 20.

I am not seeing any foaming.

Do I need to drain my pool?

Thank you all!

Hey Pool King and Welcome !!!!!

With no foaming, you're fine. You're fine if you *do* get foaming too, it's just an annoyance that ironically takes a bunch of non polymered chlorine to get rid of.

We have no idea what everyone's threshold is, but with enough additive laden bleach, foaming happens.

I think we are given a higher threshold up here with so much rain. I see everyone loading up at Bjs/Cosco each weekend and surely they can't all be all foamed up. Or maybe it's just the people who moved and inherited pools and haven't found out yet. Lol.

Anywho, use pool essentials 10% in the pool aisle at Walmart. The household bleaches are 6% for the same money.

Hey Newdude- thanks again for the help. It does feel like there is a bit of residue left on our skin after swimming. The only thing I can attribute to it is the cloromax. Any advice on reducing it?

more chlorine & filtering will eventually take care of it.
Just rinse off after swimming for now if its bugging you
When we are swimming when its slam time we usually at least rinse our suits anyway. To Keep the lycra in good shape.

more chlorine & filtering will eventually take care of it.
Just rinse off after swimming for now if its bugging you
When we are swimming when its slam time we usually at least rinse our suits anyway. To Keep the lycra in good shape.
Thank Mdragger8! Definitely gotta look out for the lycra. I've got the FC down to 7 so figured it's the cloromax. Hopefully it will go away soon.

Reactions: Mdragger88