Chlorine Stain on Liner base from solid chlorine - is my liner okay?

Neil3222

Jun 24, 2021
Korschenbroich (Germany)
Hello,

I’m a first time pool owner with a semi-submerged in the ground pool (6m x 3.2mx1.5m). I noticed a white spot on the bottom of the pool liner, about 1 inch diameter. It must have been caused by some small chunk of solid chlorine tablet that got loose from the floater. I read online that this can create a weakness in the liner, and now I’m very anxious about it. Should I put some kind of patch over it just in case? Can I just leave it and ignore it? Please help!

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Hard for us to know how much (if any) real damage that piece of tablet may have done. If you feel the area you might be able to tell if it feels thin or exceptionally soft to the tough. If so, then a patch my not be a bad idea. But if the liner feels the same and is only discolored, then it's just a cosmetic issue and you should be okay.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Hard for us to know how much (if any) real damage that piece of tablet may have done. If you feel the area you might be able to tell if it feels thin or exceptionally soft to the tough. If so, then a patch my not be a bad idea. But if the liner feels the same and is only discolored, then it's just a cosmetic issue and you should be okay.
Thank you for the fast support and the friendly welcome!, it is really appreciated - I kept imagining my liner tearing and I have just built the pool! I will check it today to see how it feels and looks. If I had to patch it, what should I use, some kind of self-adhesive patch that works underwater? Are there any links? I might get one just in case. Thanks again, so much!

If I had to patch it, what should I use, some kind of self-adhesive patch that works underwater?
Patch kits have come a long way over the years, to the point you can patch underwater. If you check the products on Amazon for example, you'll see all the customer reviews which are quite helpful. That would be one of my first online stops.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.