rocker93

Aug 15, 2019
Great Lakes
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Going on vacation first thing tomorrow morning and no one to help with pool, so using pucks while away. Will be gone for 10 days. Just opened a chlorine floater I ordered online only to find out that it is the wrong size -- it looks like it is made for the tiny 1" tablets. No pool stores near me are open right now! Now what? Can I put a couple pucks in a sock and hang in front of the return jet like I would for granular CYA?

Try lowes, HD, or a 24 hour Walmart which all have floaters. I recently went on trip for 14 days. I turned my swg down to 20% and put three 3" tabs in a floater and it was 95% desolved when I got back. I lowered the swg and used tabs to help keep the ph level in check, since I couldn't manually add acid while was gone.

@rocker93 try bringing your fc up to slam level of what your cya is right now. Do you have a solar cover? that would help from the sun burning off the fc. I would bring it up to slam levels and then try to get that floater. Walmart has tons of LC in my area. Figured they would in your area too.

Walmart should have some 3" floaters
@rocker93 try bringing your fc up to slam level of what your cya is right now. Do you have a solar cover? that would help from the sun burning off the fc. I would bring it up to slam levels and then try to get that floater. Walmart has tons of LC in my area. Figured they would in your area too.
Correct, I do not have a SWG, just use LC (until now anyway). Walmart is a great idea, hadn't thought of that -- thanks!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I know its late & I also don’t have a picture but in the past my tab floater was a large plastic applesauce jar with lots of holes drilled in it. I also drilled holes in the screw on top, ran fishing line through that & tied it to a duck decoy so it would float. It worked very well for many years. Any large plastic jar / container with a plastic screw on lid would work so long as u have something bouyant enough to keep it afloat tied to it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.