Chlorine Pricing and Questions

The Lowe's 10% may already be Trade %. Usually chlorinating liquid is Trade % though they sometimes mark the bottle as if it's weight % sodium hypochlorite which of course makes this very confusing. Since the time on the shelf can vary, you could test typical bottles from the sources you are considering to find out their true typical concentration.

I buy mine from Leslie's, when it's on sale (and I get emails every month for discount liquid chlorine 12.5%). The price is usually $6.98 for 5 gallons (2 x 2.5 gallons jugs). They also have a little punch card with the number of purchases, and after the 10th, you get a free jug. Pretty good deal.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I buy mine from Leslie's, when it's on sale (and I get emails every month for discount liquid chlorine 12.5%). The price is usually $6.98 for 5 gallons (2 x 2.5 gallons jugs). They also have a little punch card with the number of purchases, and after the 10th, you get a free jug. Pretty good deal.

Sorry. I wanted to confirm it. It's actually $7.98…
ATTACH]

So I just went down to the local OSH to buy some normal $8 for 2-Gal 12% and to my surprise saw $1 bottles ($2 buy one get one). Seemed like a good deal and from my basic algebraic equation I could make I thought was worth it. But now that I'm home and see how low this brands concentration is I'm thinking I may have made a (cheap) mistake. I bought 18 bottles for $9 of Arctic White. Did I make a mistake?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.