LifeTime Supporter
May 31, 2015
Gaylesville, AL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Well, I just got off the phone with my chemical supply house.
It seems that the 55 gallon drum of 12.5% chlorine that I get every year has gone up in price once again. (I'm not really surprised.)
This year it is running at $248 after tax. I remember (not too long ago) it cost me $150.

• Wow
Reactions: Mdragger88
$4.99/gal for 12% @ Menards (Mid-Michigan) yesterday. If you can be bothered to faff with the rebate, you can get 11% off that, so that would bring it down to about $4.45.
Datecode was about 3 weeks old.

Thankfully, I only use it for the hot-tub now

Reactions: RonsPlc and Newdude
Well, I just got off the phone with my chemical supply house.
It seems that the 55 gallon drum of 12.5% chlorine that I get every year has gone up in price once again. (I'm not really surprised.)
This year it is running at $248 after tax. I remember (not too long ago) it cost me $150.
If you don't mind sharing, who do you use to purchase the 55 gallon drum from?
I've tried this in the past, and never could find a supplier willing to sell just one drum.
I'm sure the $248 is before shipping too which could eat into the cost as well.

Thanks for any advice!

They are in Gadsden, AL.
They are used to the local pressure washing services order one barrel at a time.
They will deliver locally for free, I USED to work in the same city they are located, and get them to deliver it to my workplace.
I live 50 miles away, and will have to go pick it up this year.
Last year I had to leave my place of employment due to having to care for my wife in her final days.

If you don't mind sharing, who do you use to purchase the 55 gallon drum from?
I've tried this in the past, and never could find a supplier willing to sell just one drum.
I'm sure the $248 is before shipping too which could eat into the cost as well.

Thanks for any advice!
Try your local janitorial supply company.

Reactions: RonsPlc

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
For anyone in Austin, a shout out to Texas Pressure washing. I stopped by there today -- they sell 12.5% chlorine for $3.50/gallon. Just please bring jugs that are bigger than 1 gallon since they are set up to fill giant tanks.

Reactions: RonsPlc
At Texas Pressure Washing Store Austin, they have 12.5% bleach in bulk for $3.65/gallon! Bring your own containers to be filled. 2.5gal container or larger. Hardware store 5 gallon buckets work too! Saving lots of money and wasting less plastic!

They even have special pricing for 100+ gallons a week!