Seminole Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
I check my chemicals about once a week and some of the others maybe more and some a little less during normal use. Back in early July I had my first bit of algae and had to learn how to get rid of it, and finally did with some learning curves. For about 3 weeks now I have noticed my FC increasing from my normal 3-5 ppm to 8-10 ppm. So I decided to come down on the Ichlor from 80% to 60. I gave that a week and when I checked this week Im now at 14 ppm FC. I haven't added any liquid Chlorine since the algae problem in July.
I have turned my iChlor down to 10% and will check each day and look for a drop. Maybe I should just invite all the kids from the neighbor hood to come swim in our pool all day lol
On a serious note is this a common issue. Should it drop with the Ichlor decrease?
Thanks as always.

I would also add that previously it sounds as though you were accustomed to producing a large amount of chlorine back when the water had algae, so perhaps there is a bit of al earning curve now that your water is algae-free? With crystal clear water, your FC demand is much lower and consistent than when there is algae. Regardless, go ahead and lower the SWG output and/or pump run time. Whichever works best for you. Just keep an eye on it and don't let it drop below that 4 ppm mark to where you end up with algae again.

Reactions: Skiddy
Hey Skidds !! As the season winds down it’s a GREAT time to fine tune your knowledge of the system because when you miss an adjustment time, you over produce some FC and no harm is done. In the spring you will be doing the exact opposite looking for the increases in UV demand as the season ramps up. At those times you will be low FC if you don’t catch it in time so pay some extra attention now to see how your pool trends. We can all always use a little refresher course and now is the time to hone your skills. :)

Reactions: Skiddy
Thanks we are learning a lot in our first year as pool owners. We have been in our home for 18 years and have really never used the back yard. Now we dont do anything else but hang out in the backyard.

• Love
Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.