Chlorine loss

Gigs97c

May 26, 2020
Davenport, Iowa
Opened pool a week and a half ago. Started slam process after clean up. Cleared up in 2 days. Been crystal clear since. OCLT still showing about 2ppm loss each night, and during the day losing 8ppm.

PH - 7.6
CYA - 40
TA - 120
FC running 13-18 during process as added and increase CYA levels. Have to increase when home from work
CC - 0
Cal - 325
Temp - 78

Should I keep slamming and be concerned about the daytime drop?

Brushing daily, nothing to vacuum but running robot daily as well.

Thanks!

Yes and yes. 2ppm OCLT is too much, and so is 8ppm during the day (at least with sufficient CYA as you seem to have). You need to keep slamming, and check hiding spots like pool light, skimmer weir door, ladders etc for algae. SLAM is only finished once you pass all three criteria as described in the SLAM Process.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Go Dragons Den GIF by CBC

Thank you for the help. Question, should I be comfortable with CYA at 40? I started TFP last year after horrible start to year and using tablets, which sky rocketed cya to start. Finished the year around 70-80, and free chlorine was stable after slam process and consistent for months. I don’t cover my pool and know that leads to more burn off. Should I increase cya?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.