Chlorine Loss

ragart

Jul 11, 2018
Philadelphia, PA
I am experiencing overnight chlorine loss of about 2ppm. The water is clear and no signs of Algae. Here are my latest test results:

FC - 1
TC - 1
TA - 90
PH - 7.4
CYA-90
Phosphates - 0
Nitrates - 5-10

Thoughts? I had this problem before when I had high phosphates. I used a phosphate remover and the problem went away for about a month. Now it is back, but as you can see the phosphates cannot be part of the problem this time.

With a cya of 90, your FC should never drop below 7ppm if you dont have an swg pool, otherwise 4 for swg. If it was me, I would lower ph to 7.2 then slam to prevent an impending algae bloom. Easier now than later. Ideally exchange water to lower your cya first, slamming a cya 90 pool will use a lot of bleach. Keep the CL level up and phosphates do not matter.

If you put your pool information in your signatue it will help the experts give advice. As you can see, recomendations will vary depending on details. Also add your test kit, assuming you do your own? If this is pool store data, they are notoriously inaccurate. I doubt if you will get any recommendations on this site. I missed the nitrate reading, so assuming pool store?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.