Chlorine levels rising

Jul 4, 2014
Pocatello, Idaho
I have one of the intex SWG/sand filter combo units. Is the best way to reduce the chlorine a bit just to run the filter less? Will it make a difference if I use the recirculate setting as I'd like it to continue going through my skimmer because I have a tree that's dropping it's spent blossoms still. The top test numbers are the latest from 3 days ago.

BTW, I love the app! Screenshot_2017-06-03-20-06-52.jpg

If there is no adjustment on the SWG (I can't remember if the Intex does or not), then the only way to reduce the FC level is to shorten the pump run time. The recirculate would still be pumping water through the SWG.

What is up with those test results, the CH and CYA trends do not make any sense. They should not be changing over a couple weeks without massive water changes or adding chemicals.

The hardness is an issue every year as far as we could tell. The CYA was lower than recommended, after initial setup, so I added designated stabilizer using the sock, so that brought it up...also 2 of those test days I was teaching teens to use the Taylor tests...and I made notes, a couple tests I questioned the validity due to operator error. Tonight it'll be me testing, so I'll see how things are. In the meantime, I'll reduce the filter run time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.