Maine
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
Hello! I’m a new pool owner. It’s a sand filter with SWG. The test strips are testing the total and free chlorine as very high and the stabilizer is low at zero. I do have stabilizer that I can add. Will this help lower the chlorine? And should I not run the SWG today since the chlorine is already high? Thank you!

Hello! I’m a new pool owner. It’s a sand filter with SWG. The test strips are testing the total and free chlorine as very high and the stabilizer is low at zero. I do have stabilizer that I can add. Will this help lower the chlorine? And should I not run the SWG today since the chlorine is already high? Thank you!
The total and free chlorine are both reading at 10.

You need a proper test kit. I suggest the TF-100 A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.
If you wish to treat this as a seasonal pool, then you need a simple 6 way drop test kit from Walmart, etc. You will drain the pool when an issue arises.

TFPC will not provide chemistry guidance based on test strips. Test strips are inaccurate and not repeatable.

Add 3 ppm FC per day using liquid chlorine to your pool each day with the pump running until you get your test kit.

Reactions: 13579
You need a proper test kit. I suggest the TF-100 A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.
If you wish to treat this as a seasonal pool, then you need a simple 6 way drop test kit from Walmart, etc. You will drain the pool when an issue arises.

TFPC will not provide chemistry guidance based on test strips. Test strips are inaccurate and not repeatable.

Add 3 ppm FC per day using liquid chlorine to your pool each day with the pump running until you get your test kit.
Thank you!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.