Chlorine levels and solar cover degradation

I tried to use the 3 warranty, but was told it didn’t cover my issue which is degradation and it tearing apart with typical use. They only cover if the seams rip (which are the strongest part imo) or if the two halves delaminate. Haha. Basically no warranty.
I just bought liquid solar cover and am going to see how it goes once it arrives. At the rate my cover degrades the cost is the same. This is the one I’m going to try out : TROPICAL FISH LIQUID SOLAR BLANKET - Liquid Heat - Solar Pool Cover in a Bottle -Reduce Evaporation, Conserve Heat- 1L(33.8oz) https://a.co/d/56vPbTr

I just created a thread where I’ll post an update after I give it a go.
Tropical fish. Anyone used it? Going to try it out

Sound like you and I and I share similar experiences!
+1 as well. Add to your same situation, I have the same 1Sammy.

I always buy the cheapest eight mill possible. I have purchased from Amazon, in the swim, sun to solar, I think my best was just getting two years out of one cover. I tried a 12 mill one year, too heavy to roll up and takeoff as we cut ours in two pieces. I was able to roll it up a half myself and take it off, but when the 12 mil has water on it, it’s too heavy for my wife to takeoff.

I tried cutting a cover up in four pieces one year, but I felt I was getting too much water on it especially now that we have a Medtronics pool cleaner. Yeah maybe that would’ve helped last April to June July, August, September, October.

I wish we could use a roller, but the unlevel kidney shaped Pool is not conducive for it.

I think one season I did take it off the pool in the winter time, and covered it on the side of the house, but just got lazy and figured why the heck just not leave it on the pool. Versus have to take up space around the yard.

It definitely does work to retain heat. It’s just a labor of love buying it, trimming it down to size, rolling it up and using it, but it definitely keeps the family and kids happy to have a warmer pool.

Now, with our thermal solar, having failed and me, not replacing it, definitely need to keep a cover on it.

I’m probably going to leave my current one on that’s 8 Mill, it’s falling, and will buy one in the spring as a season gets closer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.