Chlorine granulade this year and testing kit.

Hello TroubleFreePool,

Hope you and all your families are doing well!!

I live in NNJ and like much of the nation, I try to not go out unless I absolutely have to. That said I'm looking to open my pool and in the past I've mostly used liquid chlorine which is going to be a problem this year. I'm looking into alternatives and came across this "
Doheny's Di-Chlor/Granular Chlorine". Will this shred my liner? Any other suggestions?

Also, I bought a testing kit on here a few years ago. Can someone steer me in the right direction of ordering another/refills?

Thank you!

TFTestkits.net for the refills.

The product is dichlor. It will add CYA and chlorine. In about equal amounts. Be aware it will raise your CYA rapidly.

Be sure to check Walmart, Home Depot, Ocean State Job Lots, etc for Liquid Chlorine.

I do not think anyone will ship liquid chlorine.

Calcium Hypochlorite will add calcium. What are your test results on CH in your pool water?

Could be. Be careful how you add it as any Cal Hypo granules that sit on your liner will bleach it out.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.