KTaylor49

Mar 18, 2022
Tucson Arizona
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Have always used choline tabs but I’ve had to drain my pool every 3 years due to high CYA. Thinking of starting to use a maintenance company that uses chlorine gas to avoid this. But my question is whether the chlorine gas is ok to use with Stonescapes mini pebble finish as I am going to have my pool resurfaced with it and don’t want to do any harm to it.

It won't harm your pool surfaces but you can avoid increasing cya by simply using chlorinating liquid (aka liquid chlorine aka bleach) from any retail or pool store.

Chlorine gas will not harm a pool if handled properly. However it brings its own issues…

Have always used choline tabs but I’ve had to drain my pool every 3 years due to high CYA.
Get a SWG (highly recommended) or switch to liquid chlorine.

Thinking of starting to use a maintenance company
Unless you're physically unable, you're much better off caring for your pool yourself. You'll get superior results and save a lot of money, time, effort, and headaches.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.