Chlorine FC 10 to zero in 2.5 days (w/ Pics)

Good job! For the CYA, dangle that sock in front of that return and after 30 mins, start squeezing.

It can take 24-48 hours to fully register in your tests, so I wouldn’t add anymore until you’re sure it’s stable and less than 30-60.

Reactions: NoodleGirl
I believe it was said earlier she was “off to find socks”, so I assume sock method and dangling them in front of multiple returns. But that’s very valid! If you do add through skimmer, don’t backwash for a while. Can take considerably longer to mix through. Sock method is preferred, but as you noted it can be a bit to register the full increase.

Hey y’all!! I got more pics below of CYA tests from today! Okay so slight recap, I used 4 socks to dissolve all CYA yesterday (6/16) afternoon and added 1 gallon LC. No backwashing has occurred. My filter runs 24/7.

6/16 midnight - FC 2.5
6/17 8am - FC 2, CYA 30
6/17 8am - added 1 gallon of LC
6/17 3pm - FC 5.5, CYA 30

I think the CYA read the same outside but I couldn’t get good pics.

Also, good news my uncle is gonna help me next weekend replace the sand in the filter, so I’ll get my hands on some sand.

It is 90 degrees and sunny so I plan to swim but I will keep testing each night and morning. I won’t be SLAM’ing until Monday morning. :)

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! Thoughts welcome!

IMG_6629.jpegIMG_6630.jpegIMG_6646.jpegIMG_6647.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: dBsooner
Hey y’all!! I got more pics below of CYA tests from today! Okay so slight recap, I used 4 socks to dissolve all CYA yesterday (6/16) afternoon and added 1 gallon LC. No backwashing has occurred. My filter runs 24/7.

6/16 midnight - FC 2.5
6/17 8am - FC 2, CYA 30
6/17 8am - added 1 gallon of LC
6/17 3pm - FC 5.5, CYA 30

I think the CYA read the same outside but I couldn’t get good pics.

Also, good news my uncle is gonna help me next weekend replace the sand in the filter, so I’ll get my hands on some sand.

It is 90 degrees and sunny so I plan to swim but I will keep testing each night and morning. I won’t be SLAM’ing until Monday morning. :)

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! Thoughts welcome!

View attachment 504942View attachment 504943View attachment 504944View attachment 504946
You likely don’t need to replace the sand unless it’s all caked up with junk. Try just deep cleaning it like mentioned earlier and keep adding chlorine in the water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My personal opinion is that if the water is cloudy - I’d SLAM. I’d also personally be more inclined to test OCLT using SLAM levels than normal levels since a 0.5ppm loss is a larger percentage of normal chlorine levels than it is at SLAM.

I will also say that an SWG is the best decision I ever made for the pool. Keeping consistent levels is so much simpler now.

Ohhh okay, thank you. I just searched that as well, I will try deep cleaning first. Thank you!
It’s easier to clean the surface junk when the sand has dried out - but it can be done either way. Check where the sand level is expected to be. Mine wasn’t right, I had about half the sand level expected when I opened it for the first time. Adding 100lbs of sand has helped I think. Certainly my water is crystal clear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.