Chlorine/bleach availability and price

May 22, 2017
Charleroi PA
Hi everybody, just throwing this out there and asking if anyone is having trouble purchasing liquid chlorine and/or bleach. I bought up 8 gal of Walmart 10% early in the season and they have since sold out. I was told nothing available on the horizon. So figured I would get GreatValue bleach 6% and all they have are 81oz bottles 7.5% for just under $3. I did find a few at Aldi’s but they are limiting 2 to a customer. Are there any good deals out there? I’m in southwestern PA. Thanks for any info you might have. TB

Lowes, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, feed / farm stores, etc. Janitorial supply stores -- lots of choices.

What is your CH? If low, use cal hypo.

Hi everybody, just throwing this out there and asking if anyone is having trouble purchasing liquid chlorine and/or bleach. I bought up 8 gal of Walmart 10% early in the season and they have since sold out. I was told nothing available on the horizon. So figured I would get GreatValue bleach 6% and all they have are 81oz bottles 7.5% for just under $3. I did find a few at Aldi’s but they are limiting 2 to a customer. Are there any good deals out there? I’m in southwestern PA. Thanks for any info you might have. TB
I'm in Texas so may not be help but Home Depot (3 gallon boxes of 10% for $10, if you buy 4 boxes you get them for $9 a box) and Walmart (Pool Chlorine 10% gallon around $3.60) are the best deals and supply has been plentiful. Much better deals than the household bleach - way too expensive noawadays and harder to come by.

When I did start up, my CH was just over 200. I haven’t checked it since because I thought with a vinyl pool it wasn’t as important as the other chems. I guess I was looking more for a cheaper cost for chlorine more so than availability. This COVID has all the cleaning supplies up in price

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.