Chlorine and pH

Good plan. Make sure to wait about 15 mins between adding the FC and m. Acid. They do not play well together. They should not even be stored by each other.

TA-it is a process of pushing the PH down with m. Acid then getting it back up with aeration. It will take some time to achieve your desired results.

Kim:kim:

Thanks for all the feedback.
As of yesterday, this is what I added to the new water based on Pool Calculator.

4 lbs CYA(100%)
2 qts liquid chlorine (10%)
1 qt muriatic acid (20%)
I went a little less on chem addition yesterday so I could re-check today after pool mixing/turnover and tweak the values.

Results today (TF100 kit) and next planned additions (17,000g):
pH: 7.2-7.5, add 1c muriatic (20%) to get to 7.2
Cl: 2-4, add 1qt liq. chlorine (10%Cl) to get to 4
CH: 325
TA: 120, run water features, spa overflow to aerate, level OK for now
CYA: 20, add 1.5lbs CYA (100%) to get to 30
FC: 2
CC: 0.5
TC: 2.5

Let mix all day, re-test this evening.

Is your CYA all dissolved? How did you add it? What it powder?

Everything else looks good for right now. Don't add any more CYA until we are sure about your CYA.

Kim:kim:

CYA added was granular. Put in filter sock, sock added to skimmer basket with high skimmer flow, sock squeezed a few times. Added early yesterday and run until all CYA gone and sock wrung out clear. Then ran main pump and feature pump til late into night for mixing of everything that was added. Checked again this morning and CYA was 20.

OOOPs.... Already added the additional 1.5 lbs per PoolMath to get from 20 as measured today to 30.
Brand of CYA is Clorox, 100% CYA, granules dissolve very easily and seemingly completely.

Thanks everyone for all the help!!!! In just a few days, I learned a ton and got the water chem zeroed in. Pretty amazing.

Just ran Cl, pH an CYA late this afternoon. Last chem additions were early this AM and pump has been running all day.
pH=7.3, Cl=4, CYA=35 as best I could interpolate the tests.
Maybe add a tad more chlorine tomorrow....shoot for 5-6?

Does anyone make a floating liquid chlorine dispenser?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.