NC
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
I was running my SWG at the recommended poolmath app numbers and chlorine was off the charts. It’s been a couple of weeks now and I have left the SWG off but chlorine is not dropping. It’s been stuck at 25. I have used 3 different test kits and they all give the same reading. Combined chlorine is less than 0.5ppm and CYA is a hair lower than recommended. Why is my free chlorine not dropping?

Cloudy? Shaded? This time of year FC can stick for quite some time depending on location.

Cloudy? Shaded? This time of year FC can stick for quite some time depending on location.
Crystal clear, in the sun for at least 8-9hrs of the day. Temps have been anything from low 30’s to high 70’s the last few weeks. Maybe only an inch of rain but I have added a few inches of water myself to keep it topped up.

Interesting. Keep testing FC every few days. Be sure you are using a 10ml sample, one scoop of powder, each drop of reagent to clear is 0.5 ppm. So you are using 50 drops for 25 ppm.

Reactions: BC78 and Mdragger88
Interesting. Keep testing FC every few days. Be sure you are using a 10ml sample, one scoop of powder, each drop of reagent to clear is 0.5 ppm. So you are using 50 drops for 25 ppm.
I thought I was going crazy when I first tested as I was using so many drops and the color stayed red. I thought there’s no way it can be right so I tested with the other kit and same deal. I’m testing again tomorrow so will see if it’s dropped any and report back.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.