Chlorinator setting for Spa vs Pool

rev29k

May 8, 2018
Tampa
So, I’ve been wondering since I powered up my pool, what setting is recommended/should I use for my chlorinator when running in spa mode vs. in standard pool mode.
I have an infinity spa that regularly overflows into my pool. I also have the ability with my EasyTouch 4 and ScreenLogic2 to set different chlorinator percentages for both the pool and spa. Obviously when in spa mode, there is no longer any overflow. So I am wondering, what is the general rule/standard for setting your chlorinator output when in spa mode? Should I just set it to the same as my pool? Higher? Lower? I have tried researching online and am not really finding any info. What are you folks with similar setups doing?
Thanks!
Sean

It’s all about the PPM generated. Use pool math to determine how many PPM per hour any give % will produce. To answer your question, it should not be the same, it should be much lower because the number of gallons in your spa is much lower. I have IntelliCenter, and I can’t even put higher than 20% for my spa value. So, how many PPM do you want to create every hour in your spa?

Your ET automatically drops the SWCG output to about 5% of your Pool mode SWCG setting.

I normally keep my pool output around 15-20%. That seems to provide plenty of chlorine. But I don’t want to have my chlorine drop every time I use the spa just because I’m not using a correct setting. I know you can’t tell me exactly, but I was wondering if there was any sort of rule of thumb in relation to what your pool setting is. Here is what I have it set at currently, and as you can see I can set my spa to anything, just like the pool.

1593289227284.png

I would suggest testing. Run as you have it set. Test spa FC before use and then again after use. See if the SWCG kept your FC in the spa within an acceptable range.

I just use what the ET adjusts the setting to. Never had any issues.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.