Chlorinator leaking

May 16, 2017
Newtown, PA
So I went away on vacation and while I was gone we had a power outage. I went out this morning to get the pool back online and now the chlorinator is shooting water like a fountain. I had replaced the o ring before I left on vacation and it was fine. O ring looks to be in good shape. What should I do to fix this? Its a nature 2 fusion, although I do not use the mineral cartridge and really don;t use the chlorinator part either, but did while I was away.

I mean the obvious answer is “Figure out where the water is coming from and stop it.” But I feel like you knew that already:) Unfortunately though without any additional information I’m not sure we can provide much more help. You need to tell us where the water is coming from. Is there a hole in the unit? Is it coming from a junction with a pipe or from the cap? Posting some pictures would definitely help too.

It spouting from the lid like a fountain. I doubled up on the o ring and removed the canister that holds the chlorine tablets because it felt like it was preventing the top from catching the threads. It is working as of right now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.