Tampa FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Ugggh. I just added 40 lbs of salt (heavy rain here in Tampa has meant emptying some water) and turned off the chlorinator in my Omni logic app. The on off switch is flawed in my app so did it 3 times, thought it was off, put salt in and brushed for a few minutes, checked app and it was back on again! Red warning about salinity in salt cell. Got it turned off properly this time and now I’m stressing I’ve broken it.

Is this a point if no return? When can I turn it back on again to check. All the salt is gone as I brushed it all in. Help set my mind at ease please…

Let the water circulate today and brush the pool well. Add some liquid chlorine if necessary to maintain FC.
Turn the SWCG back on tomorrow.

Reactions: therealJBT
Ok how much liquid chlorine?
I’m super frustrated as I look after my pool so well based on all the TFP help and advice. This stupid omnilogic app has a problem with the on/off chlorinator switch. I should have done it at the main. Lesson learned!

Reactions: therealJBT
No idea. You need to test, compare to your Target FC based on your CYA level, and use Poolmath to determine how much to add.
Is liquid chlorine bleach? I can’t find it in pool math? I’ve never added anything except my basic chemicals before.

I just spoke to the PB and he told me to turn it back on. Error is cleared and it’s operating as usual. I have also emailed a video of the app malfunctioning to Hayward. Thanks for your help and suggestions. This site is worth its weight in gold!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.