Chip and Cracks at Bottom of Brand New Install

flabdiesel

Nov 17, 2020
Pawleys Island, SC
My new fiberglass pool was installed about 2 weeks ago and I'm waiting for the contractor to come back next week to install the concrete. Yesterday I was looking at the pool and noticed a quarter size chip in the bottom of the pool with spider cracks radiating out from it. I met with the pool contractor today and he said it wasn't a big deal and that the pool manufacturer is sending someone out to make the repair. He also said draining the pool isn't necessary and the repair would be made by a repairman in a scuba suit. The pool contractor is now anxious to finish up the concrete work and I told him we should hold off in-case the damage can't be satisfactorily repaired and a new pool is necessary. We got in a heated conversation about the repair and now we've agreed to hold off until the pool manufacturer has the chance to look at it.

I don't have a good feeling about this and I feel like the damage might be due to shoddy installation, but I don't know. I'm just looking to get the opinion of someone that knows if this sounds normal or if I have reason to be concerned. This conversation wouldn't go any further than this thread. Like I said, I just want to make sure I'm not being given the run around. Photo of damage is attached.

Attachments

• POOL_DAMAGE_(11-17-2020).jpg
    POOL_DAMAGE_(11-17-2020).jpg
    247 KB · Views: 25
Welcome to TFP.

Fiberglass is very repairable if done properly. If the manufacturer is sending the repair person then wait and see what he says.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.