Chiller for Pool - Which brand/type?

Sep 27, 2011
South Florida
I’m building a ~40k gallon pool with western exposure in South Florida, and I anticipate needing a chiller to make it comfortable in the summer months. Deciding between the AquaCal TropiCool and the Glacier system. From what I read the Glacier is much more efficient, but I’d like to know if it works well in South Florida’s humidity. I suspect the pool will end up around 95+ degrees in the hottest months without a chiller, and I’ll want to get it down to around 85 degrees. Any experiences or suggestions would be great.

Like Paul said my screen keeps my pool temp down under 90 I don't think I could keep it as low as 85 though in the afternoon, and south fl may get a little hotter than central fl. If you are planning for solar heating in the colder months it can be used overnight to cool in the summer months (I never needed to use mine that way due to my screen).

It will not be caged, so I’m certain that I’ll need the cooling. I’m curious which type of cooling would best balance effectiveness with efficiency. The two options I’ve come across are either AquaCal TropiCool or the Glacier system. The Glacier sounds much more efficient if it works well in the south Florida humidity. Does anyone have any experience with that?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.