Bronze Supporter
Sep 23, 2020
Uk
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi my chemicals are fine. The pool is slightly milky, it’s 18ft & when underwater I can’t see the other end clearly. You can’t tell from outside.

Any ideas what’s going on with it?

Attachments

• 9AC0481B-BBC7-493C-8112-E5D28D49DF8F.png
    9AC0481B-BBC7-493C-8112-E5D28D49DF8F.png
    57 KB · Views: 109
I haven’t added any calcium, that’s just what’s in my water. Yes I have an ASHP at 30.
I just don’t test for calcium. As I understood it was pretty stable & I thought I was within “normal”. Should I bring it down? Or slam in case this is algae? My ch & ph have been fine only my TA bit high; so I’ve added ph minus granules, roughly every 4 days, brining it down from pH 7.8 to pH 7.2

H

You probably have algae and need to SLAM.

Can you post a picture of your water?

Do an OCLT tonight and see if you have organics in your water. If you pass, it must be something else .. if you fail, you've got algae, and need a SLAM.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
:)

I approve of the wine, but the thick bleach contains a gelling agent, which means that all that gel is going to end up in your water. Maybe it will gum up your filter, who knows? I would return that stuff and get something more like this:

1622580149266.png

Something like this would be "Jolly Good old boy!" :)

If I could get next-day free delivery with a bulk discount for 15% Sodium Hypochlorite here in the States, I would be happier than a Scotsman with a haggis!

Last edited:
Reactions: Harry cuz
If you have used that thick bleach before, that might be part of your cloudiness issue.

My sand filter is 2 or 3 months old, I back wash it between daily or every other day.
Does you filter pressure rise that quickly? Only backwash after your filter has increased by 25% from the "clean" pressure. Sand filters actually work better if they are a little dirty.

If you have used that thick bleach before, that might be part of your cloudiness issue.

Does you filter pressure rise that quickly? Only backwash after your filter has increased by 25% from the "clean" pressure. Sand filters actually work better if they are a little dirty.
Pressure drops when I use the intex vac, pool pump seller (fab) said backwash. Sorts it every time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.