Centerville, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hi friends! I know I kinda fell off the map for a while after our pool build, I still jump on when I have a question and do a little research to find the answers. I have received a few PMs from you guys and wanted to just post a quick update. We are doing okay after the flood, we received over 30" (stopped checking when we hit 30). We did not flood! However we have many friends that did and have had a house full of rescuers and rescuees since day 1. The family that is with us now, had over 2' of water in their home. :( It is going to be a long road to recovery.

After the Flood.jpg

Our pool did GREAT - when we built it - they raised the level of our back yard up by 8" and put dedicated drainage in for our overflow and for all of our backyard. Other pools here flooded but ours did not! We were pretty overwhelmed with the storm and I didn't test during any of it, but I did run out and pour a 1/2 bottle of bleach in it every day. Once things settled down, I tested and my FC was fine, my CH was WAY low. It is slowly getting back to normal. OH our water temp went from 89 to 73!!!!!! It is still only 82! I was pretty convinced it was going to go green during all this, but we were lucky in every way possible.

Thank you all for checking in on me, I felt the Love. Actually all of Texas is feeling the love.

Thanks!

EVERY school in the WHOLE state of FL was canceled for Friday (yesterday) AND Monday and Tuesday. Not sure what will happen Wed. yet. This one has my attention. Our truck is packed with the pet stuff (and some of ours LOL) and we have motel res. in a tiny GA town that we can get to using back roads so little to no traffic. We are going to wait until tomorrow (Sunday) to decide if we are leaving or not.

We are great!!! Lots of leaves and some branches but no damage to the house!!! No power still. Hoping for tomorrow (Wednesday) but think it will be Thursday looking at the outage maps. We are outside the city limits so are one.of the last to get done. It.is all though. We have plenty of food and drink and the pool to bath in. But man is it burrrr lol

:hug: Thanks for thinking of me!!

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We ended up staying home. We gave ourselves until 4:00 on Sunday to decide if we would give up the room we had paid for in GA. Well at 3:00 the storm had been downgraded and was going down at a steady pace. WELLLLLLL as things work out when I called the hotel to tell them we were not coming and to give the room to the next family that came in needing a room, a family had JUST walked in the door..........low on gas, scared, kids crying, etc. I got to hear the deck clerk tell them not only did they have a room for them but is was already paid for! The mom started crying and saying thank you. Things work out how they should.

I went back for a Staff development day (BORING LOL) and the kids come back today.

Kim:kim:

Well we did well for Harvey, buying in the high point of our neighborhood paid off. Spent the entire next week and weekends helping gut peoples houses. Having 25 gal of 12% bleach was a godsend for making some of those houses sanitary. As most southerners know bleach isn't the solution for mold but it does make sure the contaminated remains of what washed into the house is de-contaminated.
Our county is still struggling with the debris removal contractor to get the trucks he promised into the streets.

Kim, it's even more devastating when you see it in person. My son's FIL had 18" of water and his street with everyone's stuff on the curb, looked like a war zone. But, FIL has a good attitude and is using this as an excuse to remodel. The sad thing is he lost some of his mementoes from his wife, who died about 10 years ago. My DIL was also upset, but has taken on the project of helping her dad, who was a semi-hoarder, throw out junk. She also gets to help him remodel. :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.