Bronze Supporter
Apr 16, 2019
Bremen, GA, 65 m west of Atlanta
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We're filling our above ground pool right now, and I went out there to check its progress. I decided to put the thermometer back in, and immediately stepped into a rather extensive puddle around the edge of the pool.

"OH NOES!!!" I thought. " A LEAK!!! " And right where it's hard to see/fix, under the steps. I peered around, hoping I could find the leak, then noticed the water was all along the bottom. So I traced it around, and there was the outlet hose, lying on the ground, busily draining the water OUT. I put it back on, but the hose clamp needed a screwdriver to tighten. So I got DH out there to tighten it. No more leaks now!

So the moral of the story is: check your connections before the water gets that high and make sure they're TIGHT.

That is all.

I had my intake hose back itself off the pump the other day. It was a new hose but proper size, no idea what caused it. I used some Teflon tape and tightened it up, so far so good.

Super glad it was easily fixable. You had my mind going elsewhere for a minute there......... woohoo.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.