Check Your Hoses

Wobblerlorri

Bronze Supporter
We're filling our above ground pool right now, and I went out there to check its progress. I decided to put the thermometer back in, and immediately stepped into a rather extensive puddle around the edge of the pool.

"OH NOES!!!" I thought. " A LEAK!!! " And right where it's hard to see/fix, under the steps. I peered around, hoping I could find the leak, then noticed the water was all along the bottom. So I traced it around, and there was the outlet hose, lying on the ground, busily draining the water OUT. I put it back on, but the hose clamp needed a screwdriver to tighten. So I got DH out there to tighten it. No more leaks now!

So the moral of the story is: check your connections before the water gets that high and make sure they're TIGHT.

That is all.

sammckin

Bronze Supporter
May 9, 2019
WV
I had my intake hose back itself off the pump the other day. It was a new hose but proper size, no idea what caused it. I used some Teflon tape and tightened it up, so far so good.

Newdude

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
Super glad it was easily fixable. You had my mind going elsewhere for a minute there......... woohoo.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.