Check Valve Spring Tension Question

lland

Sep 25, 2018
Wellington, FL
I'm looking for a 2"/2.5" check valve with a 1/2 lb. spring tension. I bought a Magic Plastics MGP080120H but that ended up having a 2 lb. spring. There are a number of options but I can't fine the spring tension listed for any of them. Does anyone know the answer for the Jandy 7305 or Pentair 263042 or have another suggestion? I'd prefer one that can be rebuilt if necessary.

Thanks all.

LL

ll,

Welcome to TFP... A great place to find the answers to all of your "tension filled" questions... :shark:

It might help if we knew why? 99% of the people don't have a problem with the standard Jandy style check valves... :confused:

What is this specific check valve for?

Thanks,

Jim R.

ll,

Well, that makes it simple.. you don't need one..

You would definitely need one if you had a 3" tab chlorinator instead of a SWCG... A tab chlorinator, which is full of acidic product can flow backwards into the heater, when the pump is off. This is a very bad thing because of the very low pH..

A SWCG has nothing in it to "flow backwards" into your heater.. When it is off, it is off, and there is nothing left over.

All you will accomplish by installing an unnecessary check valve is to increase your filter pressure... :p

If you already have check valve, I would just take the flapper out, instead of re-plumbing.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.