Check under your coping for these guys!!!

Wow...this is getting really scary, Pisces....

1021070006.jpg

1021070002.jpg

and if you look real close, you can see lighted animated spiders in the graveyard.

1021070011.jpg

Ummm..we weren't separated at birth, were we?? :lol:

Lazyman said:
Do they have those black widows in NJ?

Yep. Sorry to say. And in PA. One of them lives under the coping of my pool on the inside. Well, lived. I don't know whether she's still there this year, or her progeny.

BW spiders build irregular sticky webs, not at all like the organized spider webs we commonly see. BW nests will have fine but very strong strands running every which way and when you very gently touch a strand you can sometimes get her to crawl out of her hiding spot in anticipation of food.

They're rarely inside homes. Normally, they'll build a web in window corners, especially cellar windows. Light, even just what little may come from the kitchen window and illuminate your cellar door, attracts bugs, bugs get caught in the sticky web, spider has food. That's why I suspect I had (have?) that one under the pool coping, from running the pool light. The light is busted and I'm not replacing it so maybe spidey moved on to happier hunting grounds.

This thread makes my skin crawl.

And then there are ticks . . .

Thanks Anna.

I just got some concentrated bug spray. It's for a variety of insects and bugs, mosquitos... I'll probably open the door really fast and spray it in there as quickly as I can. I'd HATE for it to run into my house. Like I said, it's stuck between my exterior door and the cellar door. It's pretty air tight in there. It needs a good dose of spray.

Yep, this thread is creepy. You Halloween people are, ummm, wierd. lol jk. Nice houses!

The spider was big.

While i was in Iraq, a CAMEL spider came running across the floor toward my feet during a meeting. The Colonel jumped up and squashed it before it got to me. Scared me to death. They are almost as big as a camel! They are a sight to see! They stand several inches up off the floor. This particular one was bigger than an adult hand and boy do they move!

MikeInTN said:
Wow...this is getting really scary, Pisces....

Ummm..we weren't separated at birth, were we?? :lol:

LOL!!! Well, that's a very distinct possibility, Mike!! I'm just about dying laughing here, knowing I have met my twin!! Man if we ever put our heads together on Halloween...look out world! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Oh, well...great minds run along...well, you know!! :wink: :cheers:

Thanks. We used to do a fairly substantial yard-haunt. We'd start putting it together in late August, and run out of time on Halloween night. The neighborhood kids would come and "help" set things up. <sigh> Those were vastly different economic times for us.
If anyone is interested, there is a Halloween emailing list called Halloween-L, and while I've been away from it for many years now, it used to have 300 or so year-round members, which would escalate to a thousand or three during the fall.

I think I've made myself sad now. :cry:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.