Check flow? AGAIN!

Geezerman

Jun 16, 2019
Pennsylvania
I keep getting check flow on pool pilot digital. Have checked everything multiple times. Cleaned cell, tester manifold spring. Looked at cables, etc. when checking flow sensor, it didn’t seem that magnet was working when manually “activating” flap. Is it time to put in a new tr sensor unit ? Seems like I’ve tried all else. An aside: we had paved patio work done around pool , so there was more inorganic and organic crud in system earlier, but I believe It’s all gone. Earlier in this season, things appeared to be doing fine, though the screen in the system had to be cleaned regularly. Filter sand replaced in 2017. (Also new to forum, hope I can Figure this out)

Welcome to the forum!
Most cases of low flow issues with a SWCG are due to a dirty filter. Many times from algae.
Can you post a full set of test results? What is your filter pressure now versus the clean pressure?
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

Welcome to the forum!
Most cases of low flow issues with a SWCG are due to a dirty filter. Many times from algae.
Can you post a full set of test results? What is your filter pressure now versus the clean pressure?
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.
Thanks. Through a series of unlikely events, I ended up backflushing sand filter for about 15 minutes. More than i usually do. While it didn’t look like much was being flushed from the system, according to the little glass monitor, when I turned The system back on, the pressure through the system increased by about 5 pounds worth, held steady, and everything seems to be working. So I’m going to leave it be, with a bit more salt, and move on to the sudden problem with my car AC fan. If it ain’t one thing...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.