Tampa, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I'm in Florida. Can anyone recommend some cheap sliding glass door alarms that would satisfy the code requirement to pass inspection? No small children so would be temporary. I would need 3 or 4 of them. Thanks

I'm in Florida. Can anyone recommend some cheap sliding glass door alarms that would satisfy the code requirement to pass inspection? No small children so would be temporary. I would need 3 or 4 of them. Thanks
I got this. Cheap and passed inspection. Holy heck it is loud. If there had been a volume change I might have left it up.

Requirements vary by jurisdiction. Some allow a pass-through delay before activation and others require an immediate audible alarm. The latter would require an exterior pass-though button so you can enter without activating the alarm. Make sure you select the proper type.

Reactions: kevin76 and Shirker
I got this. Cheap and passed inspection. Holy heck it is loud. If there had been a volume change I might have left it up.

Thanks! That's the price point I was looking for

Reactions: Shirker
Requirements vary by jurisdiction. Some allow a pass-through delay before activation and others require an immediate audible alarm. The latter would require an exterior pass-though button so you can enter without activating the alarm. Make sure you select the proper type.

Ok thanks for the heads up. I'll do some research.

@kevin76 did you get your alarms yet? If not, these will pass in Hillsborough county ($33 each at Lowes). The ones Josh mentioned above may or may not pass depending on the inspector. I used those on the windows and passed but others have failed with them.
1632866410856.png

It's for the child safety...you can also put up a fence or possibly put a floating alarm in the pool. I should have done the fence but I didn't want holes in my travertine and I wasn't positive that the floating alarm would pass so I went with what I knew would work.

Interesting, where I am nothing of the like is required, the insurance company I had required that I put a fence around the pool so I got a different insurance company. A fence behind a house is just a beacon screaming that there is a pool there, I did NOT want that!

Reactions: TampaKathy

I read the post, ordered 5 of these, and just failed the pool barrier inspection. Inspector stated that the alarm cannot have an off switch

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I was told that I'd fail if the units didn't have the code compliance # labeled on them, which many don't. Then the inspector didn't even come inside to check and just listened to it go off from outside.

After spending SO much money on the project, it's not worth trying to save a minute fraction of that with the cheap alarm models IMO.