CH question

Jun 25, 2017
Owasso, Ok
New to the site and a new to me pool. Been working to get pool balanced all year with no luck. Got a new test kit and starting through the SLAM process this week to see how that gets me squared away.

Using my new kit, I tested CH levels today and The test came back around 100 PPM.

The pool was painted right before I bought the house apparently, then after a week or so, filled up.

Now, the paint is cracking and peeling a lot of places. My question is whether it's a corrosiveness issue and need to add to CH or a paint issue and need to empty and start over... thoughts??

Last edited:
I am not sure if the low ch could have messed up the paint. However, we generally never recommend painting a pool as at best you only get a couple years out of it and you have to start over. It generally is best if you can save up money and just get the pool resurfaced instead of painting which just gives you a solid color and does not fix any rough texture.

I think a lot of sellers have the pools painted as it is inexpensive and makes the pool look good to a prospective buyer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.