Bronze Supporter
Apr 16, 2019
Bremen, GA, 65 m west of Atlanta
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Progress so far: pool almost full, added 2 1/4 qts of chlorine and 1 lb 5 oz CYA in a knee high hose. It's tied to the pole of my brush, which is the dinkiest brush you've ever seen! I'm supposed to be napping, and I've asked Mike to check the water about 3 pm and give the CYA a squeeze. Tested my other parameters, and here they are

FC 0
CC 0
pH 7.2
TA 20
CH 0
CYA 0

Like I said, I've dealt with the FC and CYA, will deal with everything else once those are balanced. I used the SLAM levels for FC because there's already leaf droppings in the pool, don't want it green. Gonna try to get that stuff out this evening, and hook up my Intex skimmer.

Question: do I have to add calcium increaser? It's a vinyl pool, so doesn't need it, but I don't know if it needs a baseline amt.

Question: do I have to add calcium increaser?
Vinyl should have need no need for calcium. I would focus on the other parameters at the moment to keep the green algae bug away. Things are warming up fast, so get the CYA (min 30) and FC up as appropriate. See FC/CYA Levels.

On another note, I would add some baking soda to increase your TA as well. 20 is too low. I'd get it to at least 60 or so. Use PoolMath to help. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.